Thursday, December 5, 2013

Wheatpaste Final!

Thanks to the great weather this afternoon, I finally got to go put up my wheatpaste.

I chose this spot on the wall since no one had a nice new piece there. It isn't very visible from the street, so not many people do serious work there.



Since printing the image in one large piece would be too expensive at the print shops nearby, I had to print the image on 12 separate pieces of paper and assemble them myself.

Here is the final image, before I painted text on the sign. I almost didn't paint the rest of the text on since I liked the minimalistic call to action.


Here is the image with the rest of the text.

Just as I finished putting it up, a few people came by and asked about her, so I gladly explained who she was. It's good to see that people are already curious about her!

Due to time constraints, I only pasted one image of Tenayuca instead of a series, but I plan to continue this project after this course has ended. I will probably end up simplifying her image into either a stencil or a more simple black and white wheatpaste, but retain the red lettering on the sign.  My next plan is to do a series of 3, perhaps more, each with a different sign that highlights current labor issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment